CHCH High School Muggle Quidditch League

The forum for the Christchurch High Schools' Muggle Quidditch League :)

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

where and when should we have a game and against whom?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
johnnyboy
Muggle

PostSubject: where and when should we have a game and against whom?   Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:35 pm

There is another thread about positions but once we have a team we need somewhere to do this so any suggestions on times places or opponents?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitty of Doom
Headmaster

PostSubject: Re: where and when should we have a game and against whom?   Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:05 am

I do believe this is being sorted out by the mods so we should actually leave this to them otherwise there may be clashes and problems. First of all we will actually need a full team.

Opponents: I'm guessing we'll have a tournament where the teams play each other - so opponents will be the other schools on the list and the Too Cool For School team.
Time: We know it will be in 2010, there may be several tournaments. It will most likely be a weekend that they will tell us in advance - and if you can't make it then there will probably be another one not too long after it!
Place: I know that the game will be either played on a field (like a rugby one) or netball courts. But a rugby field is more likely. If someone has difficulty getting there, I'm sure someone else will offer to take them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KoS117
King

PostSubject: Re: where and when should we have a game and against whom?   Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:15 am

Yeah, since this is a 'school' thing (apart from the TCFS guys), we'll be (trying) to hold inter-school competitions, probably on weekends, or, if we can get the school endorsement and it's suitable for our players, as a Wednesday sport.

We may also hold holiday tournaments for those of us who don't have things to do with our free time Smile

Because this is the first (hopefully of many) year we've played, the first term will possibly be busy with organisation and tweaking the rules (we haven't actually played it yet, but we'll hopefully be able to have a 'have-a-go day' to see how they work), but hopefully after that it'll be all sweet to carry on the rest of the year.

NB (I'll also post this in Quidditch News, which will be the place to look once we actually start playing):
We will give notice of an up-coming weekend game before Wednesday that week, through the topic Quidditch News
Because this will be an inter-school/TCFS sport with (hopefully) many full teams, we'll probably have a 'meet-an-greet' day when we can all get together and put names and faces onto the forum-names. This will probably double as the have-a-go day, but don't be too fussed if you can't come - so long as we have at least a couple of representatives from your team it'll be all sweet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.formspring.me/Skarab117
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: where and when should we have a game and against whom?   

Back to top Go down

where and when should we have a game and against whom?
Page 1 of 1