CHCH High School Muggle Quidditch League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CHCH High School Muggle Quidditch League

The forum for the Christchurch High Schools' Muggle Quidditch League :)

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Who Is What

Go down 
+2
Ianto=Eyecandy
Kitty of Doom
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kitty of Doom
Headmaster
Kitty of Doom

Who Is What Empty
PostSubject: Who Is What   Who Is What Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 3:28 am

Here is where we go for the team roles! Just post below what you would like to be. If someone has already taken your role, don't worry! There will be games where some people cannot play and so we do not mind about the number of people who want a certain role as long as all the positions have been filled. If a certain amount of people join, then we will see whether it will be possible to have more than one team for SMC Very Happy

Quote :
So, we can't fly. And neither can our equipment. There have been a few minor adjustments to the rules as we know them:

Equipment:
1x Quaffle - netball
2x Bludger - foam dodgeball (? possibly 2 per team, possibly just 2 per game)
1x Snitch - ThinkGeek annoyatron*
1x Keeper's broom

Rules subject to change are marked with a (?)
More rules will probably be added later, these are a WIP

RULES:
KEEPERS:
Well, basically, you hang around the goal posts. There'll possibly be a restriction on how far away from the posts you can get, but that will depend on the size of the field (probably around half a rugby field, ish. Maybe) You have to stop the quaffle from getting into the goals using your broom. And there'll probably be some form of a no-hands rule.

Chasers/Quaffle:
1. Five-second rule on holding the ball
2. Can run backwards down field with quaffle (?)
3. Pass in any direction
4. Quaffle can be stolen by the opposing team IF
A) The ball is held in ONE hand
B) The scuffle lasts LESS than THREE SECONDS. If the scuffle lasts longer than this time limit the quaffle is kept by the original holder.

Beaters/Bludgers:
1. Ten-second rule for holding a bludger
2. Can run in any direction within that ten seconds
3. Can pass bludger to another BEATER
4. CAN NOT pass to NON-BEATER teammates - if this happens, teammates are considered 'hit' by the bludger.
5. If hit by a bludger, walk off the field at the nearest goal-posts, re-enter game from the centre (?)
6. Bludgers can NOT be stolen while being held by a beater.

Seeker/Snitch:
1. Seekers can act as chasers throughout the game (?)
2. Seekers' main goal is to end the game by finding/'catching' the snitch. The snitch (hopefully) will be a small object (as yet unspecified) which, due to the annoyatron in/on it, will emit high-pitched 'beeping' noises at random intervals. During gameplay, the Seeker will have to listen and look for the hidden snitch which can be anywhere on the playing field

So what do you want to be?
Chasers:Can you throw a ball with ease and escape from scuffles with the ball in your hand?

Keeper:Juliet/Kitty of Doom
Keepers:Have you had years of practise of hitting younger siblings which could mean you are an expert of batting the ball away with a broom?

Seeker: Moira/Ianto=Eyecandy
Seeker: Cuillin/Adrasteia
Seeker:Can you hear and easily locate high-pitched noises? But the more important question is CAN YOU MULTITASK?!?!

Beater: Victoria/Johnnyboy
Beater: Cuillin/Adrasteia
Beater: Are you able to destroy the members of the other team with soft foamy balls of fury?

If the answer to one of the above questions is 'yes' why not try that position!
If the answer to more than one of the above questions is 'yes' either choose the position you think sounds cooler or ask to be put down for both!
If the answer to all or none of the above questions is 'yes' then shut your eyes, point randomly at the screen and whichever position your finger hits or is closest to, could be your position!

Remember, the idea of this is to have fun! Don't stress too much about anything. Instead, focus on the piggy! pig

Last edited by Kitty of Doom on Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:47 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ianto=Eyecandy
Horcrux
Horcrux

Who Is What Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who Is What   Who Is What Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 7:30 am

yes i can be seeker
Back to top Go down
Ianto=Eyecandy
Horcrux
Horcrux

Who Is What Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who Is What   Who Is What Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 7:31 am

you know me juliet i'm good with high pitched noises
Back to top Go down
Kitty of Doom
Headmaster
Kitty of Doom

Who Is What Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who Is What   Who Is What Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 10:56 pm

EDIT Moira, don't double post =.='
But you've been put down Very Happy
Back to top Go down
KoS117
King
KoS117

Who Is What Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who Is What   Who Is What Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 11:02 pm

Yoyo Ianto!

If DoomKat's already told you not to doublepost, but I know how it feels when you just have to add that thing you forgot!

So when that happens, hit the edit button floating to the top-right corner of your original post Smile

Also, as an aside, well done to you Margaret-ians, you've got the most members from the FB group, at this rate it'll be just you, CGHS and TCFS Sad If you know people from the FB site who aren't on here yet, y'know.. Bully them into joining. pirat

Just a little though
Back to top Go down
http://www.formspring.me/Skarab117
Kitty of Doom
Headmaster
Kitty of Doom

Who Is What Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who Is What   Who Is What Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 11:15 pm

WOOHOO! MOST MEMBERS!

How many people do we have? Five? Man, and I thought we were bad with the little amount we have. Apparently the other schools are failing even more...

Also Kos: Like the avatar?
Back to top Go down
johnnyboy
Muggle
johnnyboy

Who Is What Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who Is What   Who Is What Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 11:20 pm

ok i think i have FINALLY found the right thread to say that i will be any position going but would prefer beater ...it sounds amusing mwa ha ha ha...
Back to top Go down
KoS117
King
KoS117

Who Is What Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who Is What   Who Is What Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 11:24 pm

Well, most have one or fewer Sad

You have 4 members, TCFS has 4 also, CGHS has about 8, but only 3 are really active, most are still on 0 posts. The next runner-up is Burnside with 3
Back to top Go down
Kitty of Doom
Headmaster
Kitty of Doom

Who Is What Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who Is What   Who Is What Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 11:31 pm

Actually we have five members :3 And you didn't answer my question... The avatar?
Back to top Go down
johnnyboy
Muggle
johnnyboy

Who Is What Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who Is What   Who Is What Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 11:33 pm

who is TCFS??
Back to top Go down
Kitty of Doom
Headmaster
Kitty of Doom

Who Is What Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who Is What   Who Is What Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 11:33 pm

Too Cool For School Very Happy For the people who have graduated
Back to top Go down
johnnyboy
Muggle
johnnyboy

Who Is What Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who Is What   Who Is What Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 11:34 pm

ahhhh thanks
Back to top Go down
KoS117
King
KoS117

Who Is What Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who Is What   Who Is What Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 11:40 pm

@DoomKat: Heh, my laziness has tripped me up once more!

I like that you have one! It means you're actually doing stuff on here, unlike all those faceless ones who make me sad.

What's it from? I'm not an anime-watcher myself Smile
Back to top Go down
Kitty of Doom
Headmaster
Kitty of Doom

Who Is What Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who Is What   Who Is What Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 11:44 pm

Bleach. Episode 19 when Chad is trying to recall what Ichigo's sister looks like as all he can remember is her red hat and black hair. So he added those two things and lipstick because she was a girl to Ichigo's face and got that. Makes me crack up every time

Yeah, I suspect that I am borderline stalking this place in trying to get it working. DEDICATION Very Happy
Back to top Go down
KoS117
King
KoS117

Who Is What Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who Is What   Who Is What Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 11:49 pm

I'm also desperately flogging this horse before it dies. I post like crazy going this time, EVERYONE will reply. NO ONE CAN RESIST THIS GLORIOUS POST! and they all somehow do.. It.. confounds me..

Also, loltastic crossdressing craziness Very Happy

I'm actually laughing a little irl
Back to top Go down
Kitty of Doom
Headmaster
Kitty of Doom

Who Is What Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who Is What   Who Is What Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 12:01 am

Same here. I'll write something and cast a spell so that in the next 27 seconds, someone will reply. They won't be able to resist it's magical spelliness
...It worked cheers

Chad's face when he imagines it makes it even better. First he goes
Who Is What Pictur14
And then
Who Is What Pictur16

Loltastic
Back to top Go down
KoS117
King
KoS117

Who Is What Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who Is What   Who Is What Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 12:13 am

Lollertron!

One day, I'm going to get good at forumming, and then I'll blow you all -- er, you -- away with my picture-making skills.

Until then, I put them on in my imagination =D

Also, goddamn topics, we're off this one, too!

Anyone from Margaret's who's looking for a position, pretend none of this ever happened! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kitty of Doom
Headmaster
Kitty of Doom

Who Is What Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who Is What   Who Is What Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 2:19 am

Pretend what happened?

We really need an area dedicated to us for going off topic

Any positions you want?
Back to top Go down
Adrasteia
Muggle
Adrasteia

Who Is What Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who Is What   Who Is What Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 6:18 pm

Seeker Or Beater Preferably, Though throwing the quaffle at people works to I suppose
Back to top Go down
^_^Steve^_^
Muggle
^_^Steve^_^

Who Is What Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who Is What   Who Is What Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 11:16 pm

WHAT IS WHAT???
Back to top Go down
Kitty of Doom
Headmaster
Kitty of Doom

Who Is What Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who Is What   Who Is What Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 7:57 am

Wait - what? Suspect
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Who Is What Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who Is What   Who Is What Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who Is What
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CHCH High School Muggle Quidditch League :: Quidditch! :: St. Margarets-
Jump to: