CHCH High School Muggle Quidditch League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CHCH High School Muggle Quidditch League

The forum for the Christchurch High Schools' Muggle Quidditch League :)

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Who Is Whom

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kitty of Doom
Headmaster
Kitty of Doom

Who Is Whom Empty
PostSubject: Who Is Whom   Who Is Whom Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 7:47 am

I would greet myself as your leader but I doubt you would like to be bossed round by a Yr 10. But tough. Because I still am your leader. BOW TO ME. I will probably also be the one most often on this website so if you have questions for an SMC person, I'll be the one to ask Razz
This is a 'Who is who' thread so check here if puzzled

So I'm Juliet Frost, the tall blonde international boarder in Year 10. Who are you?

Johnnyboy: Victoria Livingstone from Year 11
Pyro: Maddie from Year 12
YesIAmADinosaur: Juliet from Year 13
Ianto=Eyecandy: Moira Mackenzie from Year 10
Adrasteia: Cuillin from Year 12

Last edited by Kitty of Doom on Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:54 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Pyro
St. Margaret's Team Captain

Who Is Whom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who Is Whom   Who Is Whom Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 4:39 pm

I... am me~~~ >=D

Okay. Not really. Yo, Maddi here-- one of the many from year 11. 'Sup guys?

(oi, Juliet, is anyone else on here yet (SMC wise) other than us? xDDD)
Back to top Go down
Kitty of Doom
Headmaster
Kitty of Doom

Who Is Whom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who Is Whom   Who Is Whom Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 6:16 pm

Um... currently just us two. Though apparently some SMC girls are on the facebook page.

Wait a minute...

This means that the majority of the SMC people here are from Ms. Ashton's tutor group. AS: Ruling with an iron grip Cool
Back to top Go down
YesIAmADinosaur
Muggle

Who Is Whom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who Is Whom   Who Is Whom Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 10:57 pm

Hi! Well my name is Juliet (also) and I am year 12 going into year 13 and am currently recruiting more people to join the team. Does anyone know more about this than I do.. only joined today etc so yeah. Smile
Back to top Go down
Kitty of Doom
Headmaster
Kitty of Doom

Who Is Whom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who Is Whom   Who Is Whom Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 2:37 am

Well I just gave a totally uninspiring speech on facebook so we may actually get some more people joining if we're lucky.

Who knows, if we hit the jackpot, they may actually join ON THIS FORUM

And hi other Juliet. This may make things slightly more confusing for people...
Back to top Go down
Ianto=Eyecandy
Horcrux
Horcrux

Who Is Whom Empty
PostSubject: Who is Whom   Who Is Whom Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 8:14 pm

Obviously Kitty of Doom will know who this is but for others;
Moira, Yr 9.

oh and Juliet: How did you get so many house points and what are they for? Personal gratification or some sort of strange use. Also is this actually for real or just an organization? I know that sounds stupid but will we be adapting the game so it doesn't involve flying broomsticks but is still different from of sports?

Last edited by Ianto=Eyecandy on Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot to put something in)
Back to top Go down
Kitty of Doom
Headmaster
Kitty of Doom

Who Is Whom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who Is Whom   Who Is Whom Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 10:18 pm

You get house points when you post and also for how long you have joined this site. Not sure what they are for but nonetheless you get them Very Happy This is for real and we plan to have games throughout 2010 (and possibly beyond)

Here is how the game is being adapted. So yes, this is 'for real'
Quote :
So, we can't fly. And neither can our equipment. There have been a few minor adjustments to the rules as we know them:

Equipment:
1x Quaffle - netball
2x Bludger - foam dodgeball (? possibly 2 per team, possibly just 2 per game)
1x Snitch - ThinkGeek annoyatron*
1x Keeper's broom

Rules subject to change are marked with a (?)
More rules will probably be added later, these are a WIP

RULES:
KEEPERS:
Well, basically, you hang around the goal posts. There'll possibly be a restriction on how far away from the posts you can get, but that will depend on the size of the field (probably around half a rugby field, ish. Maybe) You have to stop the quaffle from getting into the goals using your broom. And there'll probably be some form of a no-hands rule.

Chasers/Quaffle:
1. Five-second rule on holding the ball
2. Can run backwards down field with quaffle (?)
3. Pass in any direction
4. Quaffle can be stolen by the opposing team IF
A) The ball is held in ONE hand
B) The scuffle lasts LESS than THREE SECONDS. If the scuffle lasts longer than this time limit the quaffle is kept by the original holder.

Beaters/Bludgers:
1. Ten-second rule for holding a bludger
2. Can run in any direction within that ten seconds
3. Can pass bludger to another BEATER
4. CAN NOT pass to NON-BEATER teammates - if this happens, teammates are considered 'hit' by the bludger.
5. If hit by a bludger, walk off the field at the nearest goal-posts, re-enter game from the centre (?)
6. Bludgers can NOT be stolen while being held by a beater.

Seeker/Snitch:
1. Seekers can act as chasers throughout the game (?)
2. Seekers' main goal is to end the game by finding/'catching' the snitch. The snitch (hopefully) will be a small object (as yet unspecified) which, due to the annoyatron in/on it, will emit high-pitched 'beeping' noises at random intervals. During gameplay, the Seeker will have to listen and look for the hidden snitch which can be anywhere on the playing field

There we have it, The Rules so far. If you have any comments/ideas/suggestions, fire away Smile

Last edited by Kitty of Doom on Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
johnnyboy
Muggle
johnnyboy

Who Is Whom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who Is Whom   Who Is Whom Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 11:28 pm

could i possibly be put down for beater or reff ...well actually any position that is going

P.S
my name is viki from yr10

+you need to post info on keepers

Last edited by johnnyboy on Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
johnnyboy
Muggle
johnnyboy

Who Is Whom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who Is Whom   Who Is Whom Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 11:30 pm

how do you remove posts??????

Last edited by johnnyboy on Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kitty of Doom
Headmaster
Kitty of Doom

Who Is Whom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who Is Whom   Who Is Whom Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 3:15 am

Wrong thread for roles, JB, go to 'Who Is What' instead. And while there currently isn't info for keepers, I've asked the mods to write some.

Notice for everyone: Please don't double post. If you have something to add to what you already have said, then click the 'Edit' button. See it? No? Go to your own post, you cannot edit other people's posts. In your own posts, it will be the button next to the 'Quote' button. Please do this instead as double posting takes up space, no one truly enjoys reading two or three posts in succession by the same person, it's a form of spamming and it is plain annoying. I am not yelling at you JB, I'm just asking that in future you don't do it. Thank you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Who Is Whom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who Is Whom   Who Is Whom Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who Is Whom
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CHCH High School Muggle Quidditch League :: Quidditch! :: St. Margarets-
Jump to: