CHCH High School Muggle Quidditch League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CHCH High School Muggle Quidditch League

The forum for the Christchurch High Schools' Muggle Quidditch League :)

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Have A Go Day

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
KoS117
King
KoS117

Have A Go Day Empty
PostSubject: Have A Go Day   Have A Go Day Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 11:17 pm

EDITING TO PUT IN IMPORTANT INFO:

When: 3pm Saturday 27th Feb
Where: Hagely Park, near Carlton Mill Corner.
Spoiler:
What to bring: Yourself, wearing clothes good for running around in. And a lot of patience, as it may take us a bit to get everything running smoothly.

Hey everyone!

Remember way back when I said we'd be organising a Have-a-Go Day?

Well, I did. And it starts now!

It's going to be sometime after the 24th of January, and there will not be school teams, we'll just have bibs verse non-bibs, everyone on everyone. This is partly because it's just for fun and to make new friends, which you can't do if you're trying to beat the opponents into the ground playing with people you know against people you don't.

The other reason is that we don't really have enough players for that, which is unfortunate, but which won't get us down!

Therefore, if you want to be there, you can look here for updates and also have input into the organising/discussing if you feel the urge.

See you all (hopefully) soon! rabbit
Back to top Go down
http://www.formspring.me/Skarab117
Kitty of Doom
Headmaster
Kitty of Doom

Have A Go Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have A Go Day   Have A Go Day Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 11:19 pm

I have two requests for this: 1) Be on a weekend (obviously)
2) Be after the 27th because I'm not back until then and I'm wonderfully selfish like that Very Happy

Let's plaaaaaaay quidditch!
Back to top Go down
KoS117
King
KoS117

Have A Go Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have A Go Day   Have A Go Day Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 11:26 pm

I think we can manage that Smile

I'm not even sure if Rocklikeone is available before about then anyway, and we can't exactly do it without one of our trifounders!
Back to top Go down
Kitty of Doom
Headmaster
Kitty of Doom

Have A Go Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have A Go Day   Have A Go Day Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 11:28 pm

I have met Rocklikeone now! Definitely can't do it without her.
Back to top Go down
johnnyboy
Muggle
johnnyboy

Have A Go Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have A Go Day   Have A Go Day Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 11:29 pm

try and not make it too close to the beginning of school ...well i dont know about others but i will be too stressed for the first week to do anything other than run around like a headless chicken lolz
Back to top Go down
KoS117
King
KoS117

Have A Go Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have A Go Day   Have A Go Day Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 11:35 pm

@Johnny: Can you run like a headless chicken and madly pelt people with foamy balls? 'Cause that's pretty much a prerequisite for a beater Very Happy

We will try our best not to make it too close, but we can't make it too soon, wither, or no one will be in town!

@DoomKat: Awesome, when/where did you meet up? I feel left out now! Razz
Back to top Go down
Kitty of Doom
Headmaster
Kitty of Doom

Have A Go Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have A Go Day   Have A Go Day Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 11:38 pm

Met her at one of the CNZ Yuletide photo shoots, Who Killed Wally. And you are left out, Kos, you are. Twisted Evil

*imagines Johnny running around like a headless chicken*

*cracks up*
Back to top Go down
KoS117
King
KoS117

Have A Go Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have A Go Day   Have A Go Day Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 11:45 pm

My dad once saw a headless chicken fly into the side of a barn...

Anyway, this is getting a bit off topic, and this is a semi-important one, so we should leave the chickens at the door Smile
Back to top Go down
KoS117
King
KoS117

Have A Go Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have A Go Day   Have A Go Day Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 5:55 pm

HAY EVERYONE!

I know I'm double posting, and I'm sorry, but I have to make sure that this actually shows up as something new and exciting, BECAUSE IT almost IS!

The day will be happening after the 28th of Jan, probably even after the first of Feb, so it will happen some time in Term One, it seems, because everyone is extending their time away from town as much as possible, it seems.

Sucky, but we'll deal with it.

We're this much closer to the world's most exciting sport becoming reality in CHCH!
Back to top Go down
Kitty of Doom
Headmaster
Kitty of Doom

Have A Go Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have A Go Day   Have A Go Day Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 2:27 am

WOOHOO!

Has the layout of CHSMQL changed for anyone at the moment?
Back to top Go down
Rocky
CGHS Team Captain
Rocky

Have A Go Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have A Go Day   Have A Go Day Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 3:46 pm

Yea, uh, some experimentation went awry last night.
Then I couldn't fix it.
Then I raged and swore and /fist through computer'd on Twitter.
And got advice from Admin from CNZ 8D
Back to top Go down
KoS117
King
KoS117

Have A Go Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have A Go Day   Have A Go Day Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 6:01 pm

I'm still sorry about that, by the way.

So is this the exciting new layout or the frustrating ARGH STUPID FORUMOTION layout?
Back to top Go down
Rocky
CGHS Team Captain
Rocky

Have A Go Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have A Go Day   Have A Go Day Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 8:49 am

This is the new one, if you guys like it.
Back to top Go down
Kitty of Doom
Headmaster
Kitty of Doom

Have A Go Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have A Go Day   Have A Go Day Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 4:04 pm

Woohoo!

So have we decided on a date yet? Next weekend, the weekend after that...
Back to top Go down
KoS117
King
KoS117

Have A Go Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have A Go Day   Have A Go Day Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 8:03 pm

Ok, so this delay is annoying everyone, not just you.

And I think that not next weekend but the one after that has a pretty high chance of being The Day (fingers crossed)

So, really sorry for the delay, but HOPEFULLY that's when it will be.

Hopefully.

Also, Rocklikeone, this is a coolio layouts, I likey.

And the really subtle Quidditch stands in the backgrounds are cool (although I suppose if you squint a bit they do resemble cranes...)
Back to top Go down
Kitty of Doom
Headmaster
Kitty of Doom

Have A Go Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have A Go Day   Have A Go Day Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 2:39 pm

Isn't annoying me, I actually panicked last weekend because I went 'Oh god is it this weekend? DID I DITCH EVERYONE?!?!?!'

But no. I'm safe Very Happy
Back to top Go down
KoS117
King
KoS117

Have A Go Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have A Go Day   Have A Go Day Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 4:45 pm

You're so safe, you could possibly be wearing an anti-inflammatory life jacket that also protects against projectiles, explosions and crashes in light-aircraft.

You're not wearing one of those, are you? 'Cause if you are, I might just have to steal buy it from you.

Anyway, so the plan still isn't set in stone, but we're really hoping it all works out for not-this-weekend-but-the-one-after. If not, I'll do something drastic, like think about pulling my hair out, and then decide against it because it would hurt.
Back to top Go down
Kitty of Doom
Headmaster
Kitty of Doom

Have A Go Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have A Go Day   Have A Go Day Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 11:39 am

HOW DID YOU KNOW?!?!?! And no, you can't have it. I probably should warn you it has a lot of curses and wards surrounding it. I won't tell you which though Very Happy

Also where?
Back to top Go down
KoS117
King
KoS117

Have A Go Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have A Go Day   Have A Go Day Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 4:47 pm

Ok, sorry for the delay. There's been some, uhh, space-aliens. And whatnot. That lifejacket would have been useful.

Anyway, due to the rather underwhelming response to the equipment topic, which I'm going to blame on people not knowing it was there (hint, it's here: https://chsmql.forumotion.com/rules-equipment-and-uniform-f15/equipment-t40.htm ) the first game has been delayed. We will all cry quietly in corners.

Now, really meaning it this time, we're aiming for NEXT (not this one but the one after) weekend. And probably at Girls' High or Hagley, because that's convenient for us. We may be able to borrow some equipment from CGHS PE department, which would be cool and helpful.
Back to top Go down
Kitty of Doom
Headmaster
Kitty of Doom

Have A Go Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have A Go Day   Have A Go Day Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 6:53 pm

Just so people know, this weekend is a no-go as well. We were attacked. By Nargles. And all of the equipment suddenly disappeared. Perhaps some Heliopaths should go and get them *subtle cough*. Until then, best scratch that event off of your calendar.

If we are lucky maybe the weekend after next will be the one. But it isn't likely. And if it is, I probably can't be there. I bet you all cried at that statement. So, until the next update, await with bated breath to see when we shall die play
Back to top Go down
KoS117
King
KoS117

Have A Go Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have A Go Day   Have A Go Day Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 7:26 pm

Damned Nargles *shakes fist*

Yeah, seconded above statement. We're all failures, especially when it comes to organising, shopping, and achieving things in general. For shame D:

I swear, one of these weekends, it will happen.
Back to top Go down
Kitty of Doom
Headmaster
Kitty of Doom

Have A Go Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have A Go Day   Have A Go Day Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 7:41 am

And when it does, we will find you all and drag you down to that field. We will play.

Also KOS, I swear to god, if you finally get it going on the weekend of the 27th and 28th of March, I will kill you. Very Happy Slowly. And painfully. Do not make me choose between this and Armageddon. Because Armageddon will win.
Back to top Go down
KoS117
King
KoS117

Have A Go Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have A Go Day   Have A Go Day Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 8:12 pm

Argh, you used one of the creepy-creepy faces on me!

A lot of us will probably be going to Geddon, too, so no fear of any conflict with that Smile
Back to top Go down
Kitty of Doom
Headmaster
Kitty of Doom

Have A Go Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have A Go Day   Have A Go Day Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 11:02 am

Thank goodness. So... update on equipment?
Back to top Go down
KoS117
King
KoS117

Have A Go Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have A Go Day   Have A Go Day Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 1:31 pm

Pretty dismal, TBH.

To be fair, all three founders are right now preparing three days' worth of Latin lessons for the yr12s, trying desperately not to embarrass themselves by being shown up by them D:

I swear, though, it's on the way. If it goes on like this, we might just have a game with netball hoops, or something. It was always gonna be a little makeshift, so I figure that'd work. Someone (I can't remember who, and cbf checking, sorry) suggested tying hoops to rugby/soccer goals, which seems like a pretty good idea to me.

Sorry for the delay, guys, it's just unacceptable. Shocking. *shakes head*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Have A Go Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have A Go Day   Have A Go Day Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Have A Go Day
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CHCH High School Muggle Quidditch League :: Official News and Updates :: Important Updates-
Jump to: