CHCH High School Muggle Quidditch League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CHCH High School Muggle Quidditch League

The forum for the Christchurch High Schools' Muggle Quidditch League :)

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Have A Go Day

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Kitty of Doom
Headmaster
Kitty of Doom

Have A Go Day - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have A Go Day   Have A Go Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 6:09 pm

I'm going to try and buy some of the hoops tomorrow. If everything works out, KOS here will be leaving archery this week with them. I can't do the brooms as, well, I'm a boarder. I don't have any brooms. *shrugs*
Also what are the hoops being tied to?
And could one of those rugby game horns that people use work as a referee horn? I've seen one which is very cheap in a shop next to the bus stop on the opposite side of the road from Riccarton.

Oh yes and I am free next weekend, it's the one after that that I can't get to. The first weekend of March. Memorize it. And also the last weekend of March. And, well, anytime after that until Term 2 as I will be back home in Singapore! But for the other three weekends of this term, I am ready!
Back to top Go down
KoS117
King
KoS117

PostSubject: Re: Have A Go Day   Have A Go Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 8:56 pm

DoomKat, you are amazing. You are literally my hero right now. I get the distinct impression that you are wearing your underpants on the outside.

In light of your awesomeness, I swear I will go out and buy something. How many hoops are you planning on buying?

So, we're aiming for the 27/8th of Feb (next weekend) Although, it's looking a lot like there'll only be four or five of us there! XD Hopefully not, though. Once we're closer (maybe by Wednesday) and more certain it'll be on, I'll post on the Facebook page, also.
Back to top Go down
http://www.formspring.me/Skarab117
Kitty of Doom
Headmaster
Kitty of Doom

PostSubject: Re: Have A Go Day   Have A Go Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 9:26 pm

KoS117 wrote:
DoomKat, you are amazing. You are literally my hero right now. I get the distinct impression that you are wearing your underpants on the outside.

Shocked

HOW DID YOU KNOW?!?

Oh wait, wearing my bra and knickers over school uniform to archery might be why...

I am not sure yet how many I will buy but as I will be buying it tomorrow, I will let you know as soon as I get back exactly how many have been bought and of which colour. I will try to get the horn at the same time but the one I saw was in Riccarton and I will be going to Northlands. If I do, I will also let you know. If I don't, well...
>.>
<.<
FETCH!!!

Let me know when exact date out of the two has been chosen and I shalt nag and nag at the SMC girls. In fact, I will put up a notice in chapel. That will confuse everyone AND shamelessly advertise it. And we need the advertising.

Also, answer the question already! What are the hoops being tied to?
Back to top Go down
KoS117
King
KoS117

PostSubject: Re: Have A Go Day   Have A Go Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 11:08 pm

Gah, you're a demanding old sod, aren't you? (also, I was loving the fashion from archery. Don't let the others tell you it's not normal, I do it all the time)

In answer to the Q, I figure we'll tie them onto soccer goal-posts. With string, so they can be different heights, maybe. Or we might just tape them on or something. Helpful?

Also, loving your advertising techniques. Holy Quidditch, Batman!
Back to top Go down
Kitty of Doom
Headmaster
Kitty of Doom

PostSubject: Re: Have A Go Day   Have A Go Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 3:14 pm

NEWS UPDATE! WE NOW HAVE THE TWO 64cm HOOPS!!! One is neon green and the other is purple with tiny sparkles Very Happy

However I was unable to get the other hoops. They were there but as I was also buying about 60m of wine, wire cutters and flour, I didn't want to go too far over my budget...
Back to top Go down
KoS117
King
KoS117

PostSubject: Re: Have A Go Day   Have A Go Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 3:55 pm

YOU ARE AMAZING AND WE ALL BOW DOWN TO SAID AWESOMENESS!

I'll buy two(? or more) 50cm hoops in light of this development of coolness. Then we'll only really need the rest of the hoops (unless I get them all) to have a semi-functioning Quidditch game!minus brooms for keepers
Back to top Go down
Kitty of Doom
Headmaster
Kitty of Doom

PostSubject: Re: Have A Go Day   Have A Go Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 8:18 am

KOS!!! Find the other two founders (can I be the fourth so it is like Hogwarts? Very Happy) and work out whether it will be Saturday or Sunday this weekend, what time and where! Then I can tell people at my school.

Also, I walked around the mall yesterday with the two hoops orbiting round me!
Back to top Go down
KoS117
King
KoS117

PostSubject: Re: Have A Go Day   Have A Go Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 3:16 pm

I'll stop repeating how awesome you are, but you have to understand that I'm still saying it in my mind. I'll make the other founderses come on here and think about things, rather than only me. Hopefully you'll be able to tell people tomorrow, if you check back here at some point today.

I want your hoop skills.
Back to top Go down
Kitty of Doom
Headmaster
Kitty of Doom

PostSubject: Re: Have A Go Day   Have A Go Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 4:17 pm

Why thank you ^.^

Wait, you think I am spinning hoops? Hell no! I held them in place. A friend went "Let me guess: Everything orbits round you." to which I responded "Nah. I'm a 6000ºC sun which can easily destroy most things!"

And it is 'founders' not 'founderses'.

Finally, good advertisement for quidditch? I will be putting a notice up on Thursday (when you have given me all the information) for people to meet after chapel but I need to know everything is sorted out for the games. EVERYTHING. Otherwise I will get pissed off older girls annoyed at being dragged away for nothing and I do not want that.
Back to top Go down
KoS117
King
KoS117

PostSubject: Re: Have A Go Day   Have A Go Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 5:49 pm

I believe we have a winner!

This Saturday, around 3pm. Work for you all? Silly Rocky works at a job, so she can only do Sat after 3 or Sun after 4.

By that stage, everything WILL be ready, I swear.

P.S. I know it's founders

P.P.S. Please don't burn our Quidditch game.

P.P.P.S I'm imagining you walking through a mall orbited by hoola hoops, and it is hilarity.
Back to top Go down
Kitty of Doom
Headmaster
Kitty of Doom

PostSubject: Re: Have A Go Day   Have A Go Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 8:34 pm

And where is it going to be?
Back to top Go down
KoS117
King
KoS117

PostSubject: Re: Have A Go Day   Have A Go Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 9:24 pm

Whoops, sorry. I really need to read through before I post...

I reckon it'll be a CGHS, because a) that's where the founders go to school, so it's easy for us Razz and b) there are soccer posts and whatnot that we can tie the hoops to.

Also, we'll be playing sans keepers'-brooms for this game.
Back to top Go down
Gen
Muggle
Gen

PostSubject: Re: Have A Go Day   Have A Go Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 9:40 pm

Damn, I'm keen on coming along, but I gotta work until 4 on Saturday. Do you reckon you guys will still be around then?

Or maybe you can move it to 4? -hint hint- Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://thatleftcurse.tumblr.com
Rocky
CGHS Team Captain
Rocky

PostSubject: Re: Have A Go Day   Have A Go Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 10:22 pm

Well, we'll start gathering and setting up at 3, so that'll take a while, and we'll probably play more than onegame if we can, so there will probably still be plenty of time for you to come along and take part.
Back to top Go down
Kitty of Doom
Headmaster
Kitty of Doom

PostSubject: Re: Have A Go Day   Have A Go Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 3:10 pm

Also, if you need help buying anymore equipment, I can easily go and buy the four 50cm hoops on Saturday (or possibly even sooner!) as well and bring them along (I'll probably arrive early anyway)

In fact, I probably will buy the hoops unless they have already been bought Very Happy

In case of confusion, I have already bought the two 64cm hoops and will be giving them to KoS on Wednesday at archery. I will be buying the four 50cm ones. Just don't expect me to bring brooms or balls Razz
Back to top Go down
Rocky
CGHS Team Captain
Rocky

PostSubject: Re: Have A Go Day   Have A Go Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 9:11 pm

For those of you who've hung around through this whole thread (and we love you for it, Doom Kitty Smile) the venue has changed(!):

Have A Go Day - Page 2 Untitl10

This is the new intended location.
And first post has been updated.

http://cosplaynewzealand.forumotion.com/christchurch-cosplay-club-f18/chsmql-have-a-go-day-come-along-play-quidditch-t8091.htm#331225
And I made a CNZ thread. KoS, you should join CNZ. Even if you never go on it. Just join.
Back to top Go down
KoS117
King
KoS117

PostSubject: Re: Have A Go Day   Have A Go Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 9:49 pm

Thanks heaps for the upload of the map Very Happy

Also, why would I join something I would never do anything on? Would there be any point in that at all?

Still, cool that we have that many links to link to...
Back to top Go down
Rocky
CGHS Team Captain
Rocky

PostSubject: Re: Have A Go Day   Have A Go Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 9:56 pm

Well, you could go on it.

But really, it's just so that I can refer to you on there without feeling like a crazy person.
Back to top Go down
Kitty of Doom
Headmaster
Kitty of Doom

PostSubject: Re: Have A Go Day   Have A Go Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 8:36 am

... I can't see the picture. Is it at Hagley Park? If so then that is perfect for me!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have A Go Day   Have A Go Day - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Have A Go Day
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CHCH High School Muggle Quidditch League :: Official News and Updates :: Important Updates-
Jump to: